Journaling unlocks the power to enlighten almost any situation in our lives. So please MAKE THE TIME to do it! Protect a certain time each day. Get others to help you protect that time.
To me journaling is about going deeper into myself. Listening and understanding at new levels. Seeing myself from different perspectives. As we release habitual thinking patterns, we free up space for new thoughts to arise.
Take heart — you are learning how you think and intuit!
Journal writing is such an amazing, multi-use, multi-dimensional tool that can change your life – like it did mine and 1000’s of people I have trained.
Journaling is my ‘go to’ tool, my sidekick! It resolves my chaotic, disorganized, boring, out of control and ‘stuck in the same old patterns’ attitude. I use it for creativity, connection, clarity, control, compassion, creating, healing and much more.
For a few years I sold time management systems and trained users on many aspects of time, goals, life purpose, awareness and being effective. I added multiple modules for life planning, tracking what is important, creativity, decision-making, problem-solving and more.
I enjoyed it so much I got certified as a journaling facilitator and this unleashed many ideas of applying journaling tools.
Watch this blog as I release 5 journaling idea blogs with 100 ideas covering; setting up a journal, healing and awareness, planning and tracking, creativity and imagination, spiritual growth journaling and manifesting your dreams.
If you want some other topics covered let me know…
The Stream of Consciousness/Awareness journaling tool is the most common journaling practice. It allows me to get things off my chest. To empty my vessel of repetitive mental loops. To dive through my stuck programs. To discharge emotions.
Then I can see the worthy gems that were always there but hidden by the noise of everyday thoughts and feelings.
Daily do a BRAIN DUMP – whatever comes to mind write it as fast as you can.
Then read it and write a one line summary.
Put life into new topics and aspects of living. You can journal on any topic you want. You are only limited by your imagination. Pick about 7 topics below and journal on one per day.
- accomplishments, addictions, adventures, anger, appreciation, art
- bad times, beauty, best times , beliefs, betrayal, body, books, business
- careers, changes, challenges, children , collectibles, computers, confidence, creativity
- darkness, depression, dreams, duty
- emotions/feelings, events
- failures, family, fantasy, fears, fitness , foods , friends, fun, the future
- games, gardens, grief, guilt
- health, hobbies, holidays, houses, humour
- ideas, illnesses, injuries, insights, inspiration, integrity, intellect
- jealousy, jobs, joy
- laws, learning, life, love
Improve your habits, catch your blind spots and stay on track and.
Become more focused, clear, creative, purposeful, aware and balanced. There is magic in taking time to ask yourself the right questions that will pop out the right answers for you.
Prompts stimulate more of the logical, organized, rational left brain. Turn them into questions to simulate more of the open ended, creative, right brain. Write on one or more of these prompts regularly and watch your life change.
- I can be more efficient by …
- Five things I have been procrastinating are …
- My greatest time wasters are …
- What excuses keep me stuck?
- Where am I vulnerable?
- I hold myself back by …
- My 3 greatest fears are …
- What are my pet-peeves, dislikes, hates?
- Where do I not like myself?
- What stresses me?
- My strengths are …
- My weaknesses are …
- What major block needs to be resolved?